According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, exposure to mold can cause a range of health problems that include nasal stuffiness, coughing, wheezing, eye irritation, throat irritation, skin irritation, and a host of respiratory symptoms. Simply put, exposure to high levels of toxic mold certainly isn’t a good thing. Unfortunately, many homeowners are living with mold all around them without even realizing it, and it could be affecting their health and well-being. We’re going to go over three signs that might indicate that your home has a mold problem.

Think your house might have a mold problem? Here are a few warning signs to look out for:

1. You smell it–If there is excessive mold growing in your home, you may actually be able to smell it. If you’ve noticed a strong, unpleasant, musty smell in your home, it could be caused by mold growth.

2. You see it–Some homeowners can actually see signs of mold growth in their home but they either don’t realize that it’s mold or they think it’s only a minor issue. If you see even the smallest cluster of mold growth, you need to take action to remedy the problem immediately.

3. You feel it–Have your allergies been acting up lately? Are you experiencing frequent headaches, dizziness, or other symptoms commonly associated with exposure to toxic mold? If so, you may have a mold problem that needs to be addressed immediately.

If you suspect mold may be growing in your home, schedule a mold inspection immediately. You don’t want to risk living with toxic mold in your house. A professional mold inspector can test your entire home for mold to make sure you’re in the clear.